- This event has passed.
June 21, 2018 @ 8:30 am - June 22, 2018 @ 12:00 pm| $459
Learn how to preserve and enhance your association’s property and prepare for emergencies.
This course provides a hands-on approach to help you analyze, evaluate, communicate and plan for property maintenance. Your community will benefit from your increased understanding of the various types of maintenance—routine, previous, emergency, corrective and scheduled. Topics include:
- Evaluating existing maintenance programs and management controls
- Analyzing maintenance contracts
- Overseeing maintenance of common areas, using checklists and reports
- Making maintenance requests and recommendations to the board
- Identifying the basic elements of a disaster plan
- Preparing a request for proposal, including bid specifications
- Monitoring fulfillment of a contract
- Interpreting and invoking contract warranties
- Understanding the concept of sustainable lifestyles
- Using a reserve study for ongoing maintenance needs
In addition to a participant guide and a link with bonus readings and materials, you will receive:
CAI Guide for Association Practitioners: Bids and Contracts, Natural Disasters and Reserve Funds
1.5 days | 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. | 8:30 a.m. – noon
A multiple choice examination is given at the end of the class.
Online Format: 4-6 hours to complete the course plus 4 hours of study via reading assignments and webinars. Students have 4 months—120 days from purchase date—to complete the course and take the 60-minute exam to receive credit.
CAI member: $459 | Nonmember: $559 Join Now!
CAI Central Florida Course Reimbursement Policy
The Chapter policy is to reimburse Central Florida members for half the cost of the course that is hosted by the Chapter. In order for the Chapter to reimburse individuals for course completion, the individual must request the reimbursement, provide proof of passing the course, and complete this form. Please attach correspondence from National CAI with proof of passing score. Contact the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.